TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions
We, the website, the company, the site, us refer to Lingalavision.com.
Your, you, refer to the site visitors and the customer of the website.
Through the following terms and conditions, we aim to clarify what information we collect from you ONLINE and how do we store and use it.
We only hold the information that is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations with you. To process any orders, we need to hold your name, address, email address and telephone number on our systems. We store this information so that we can not only complete our contract with you to deliver your order but also for fraud protection reasons and to be able to provide refunds etc.
When you visit our website, we track each browsing session and the various products you have visited. We do this for several reasons including gaining feedback on our products and services, as well as being able to provide a better service to you by recommending products and services we think you will like. We use the GDPR legitimate interests lawful basis for processing in order to do this.
When you browse our website and enter your email address at any point during your journey, we may also use your email address to check whether you have an account with us in order to offer you a more personalised service. This may include reminding you of products you have shown interest in. If you leave an item in your basket and forget about it we may email you to let you know later on and use the contractual lawful basis under GDPR for this purpose.
We store your device type and IP address in our system logs for fraud protection reasons and to help identify any intrusions or Denial of Service attacks on our website. We do not use your IP address for any other reason and all logs are stored securely on our servers. These logs are deleted periodically.
We use the browsing information and your email address, if you supply it, to send you updates and to tailor our emails to you to make them as relevant as possible. For instance, we may send you reminder emails if you had to abandon your order half way through. We only send marketing emails with your permission / consent e.g. if you have selected the “Email” option in the Contact Preferences area when placing an order or creating an account. However, we may send you emails if you have an abandoned basked using the contractual lawful basis for processing under GDPR.
We need to take payment for your order by asking for credit card or debit card details (other payment methods are discussed later) to perform our contract with you. We may also use the details to issue refunds to you. We do not store any credit or debit card information. All payments go through our payment provider, PayPal securely using encryption so your information is as safe as possible. We use the legal obligation and contractual obligation lawful basis for processing under the GDPR to do this.
Talking With Us
You may decide to engage with us via email, a phone call or social media. If you do, we will keep a contact history in order to provide customer service support and 0give you the best experience possible when talking with us.
We currently have no instant chat feature on our website or use phone recording software when you call us. However, if this does change in the future we will let you know by way of your preferred contact method and this policy will also be updated online.
We strongly recommend reviewing your Contact Preferences in your Account Summary area, if you have an account, and selecting at least one of the options: Email, SMS, or Post. It will allow you to receive any update.
When you enquire over email, online chat or other electronic communication we use the legitimate interest basis for processing under GDPR to do this.
We will make use of the details of your previous purchases with us, if you are an existing customer, in order to help to sell you the products you really want and for us to perform our contract with you. We will also make use of this information to provide effective Customer Service support: to handle returns and to advise on any aspect of your purchase. We may also use your purchasing history to find out what you like, to show you complimentary products, and to stay ahead of our competition.
Social Media Logging & Connecting
From time to time we may obtain freely available public information about you from social media sites, usually when you give us your email address and we may use this information to help us provide you with better recommendations of our products via our marketing channels.
We may aggregate and anonymise your personal information (so that you cannot possibly be personally identified) and use it to do research and analyse the data. We may share this anonymised information with third parties in order to provide us with insights to better improve our service to you. We use our legitimate interest for processing under the GDPR in order to do this.
With whom do we share your data
For us to function as a business and provide you with the best possible customer service and experience, we work with a few third parties and we share some of your data with our Customer Services Team and other staff members as required so they can support you in case of a problem with a purchase or product or to help fulfil our contract with you (for instance a warehouse picker/packer). Crucially, we only share your data with third party companies to fulfil our services to you.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your information – including your name, address, email address and payment card details – to any third party. We have always worked hard to protect your information and wish to continue earning your trust. This level of protection is important to you, we know that, and equally essential for our business.
We use a variety of third party tools and services to be able to offer you the best customer experience possible. The following list details who we currently use. We use our legitimate interest’s lawful basis for processing under GDPR to be able to do this.
We provide several ways for you to pay for your goods and so if you have a PayPal you can use that account to make a payment. We also use PayPal for standard credit/debit card payments. This Terms and condition does not cover these external processors so please read their respective privacy policies if you are concerned about the way your data is processed by them. Whilst we believe that all payment information is processed by servers hosted in the European Economic Area (EEA), we cannot guarantee it as these payment processors may end up using servers hosted in the USA or elsewhere. If you are not happy with the possibility of payment information being sent outside of the EEA, we recommend that you do not use our site to purchase our goods.
We use a variety of other third party companies who provide professional services to us and help us run our business. These companies help us with things like merchandising our site and internal search results on our website, marketing agencies, email service providers, advertising partners and other software partners (for example postcode lookup and store locator software). We may transfer your information internationally and use companies whose services are either based in the EEA (European Economic Area) or are located outside of the EEA but are under an equivalent and approved privacy scheme by the EU. This all helps to protect your information in line with the new GDPR regulations.
Our current partnerships, which help us to deliver our service to you, are listed below:
- Attraqt: Our website uses Attraqt to provide site search and navigation. When you enter a search term, we send it to Attraqt’s servers and they send back the results to your browser. We deem this a Necessary service.
- Google (Google Analytics): Our website, like many others, uses Google Analytics to track basic usage information about our website visitors including (but not limited to): number of users, pages visited, length of browse time. We use this information to improve our sites and services for you. We use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
- Google (AdWords): We place advertisements on Google’s search pages that we think you will like based on your search term as well as potentially on other websites that support retargeting ads, and which are accessible via Google’s AdWords platform. We use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
- Facebook (Ads): We also place advertisements on Facebook and within your feed (if you have a Facebook account) that we think you will like based on your interest levels on our website. We use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
- Microsoft (Bing Ads): We also advertise on Microsoft’s Bing platform in a similar way to AdWords and use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
- AdRoll: Outside of Google and Facebook, AdRoll is our main partner for advertising on other websites. When you visit our website, we drop a cookie onto your device and if you then go to any AdRoll partner website, our adverts may appear to you on their site. We use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
- Storepoint: Our store location software can use your current location – if you have turned on location services on your phone or device – to help you to find a Calendar Club store near to your current position.
- Mailgun: We use Mailgun’s email checker to ensure that when you checkout you have given us a valid email address. After all, you wouldn’t want your order to complete but then not receive an email receipt, right?
- Postcode Anywhere: We use Postcode Anywhere to save you time on entering your address by sending the postcode you enter on one of our address forms on our website to Postcode Anywhere’s servers which then return a full address or a list of addresses from which you may choose yours. This is a vital service to our company as it ensures the integrity of the information we receive to deliver your order. We use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
- PCI Pal: if you place an order with our Customer Services Team, they will guide you through paying for your order over the phone, using your payment card, by interacting with an automated, secure service called PCI Pal. By doing so, you do not read out your card details and we do not know or store your card details. All we know is whether your payment has been successful or not giving you maximum protection of your sensitive payment details. We use the legitimate interests and legal obligations lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
- PowerReviews: Our Ratings & Reviews service is fully integrated into our website and helps you to appreciate what other people think of our products so that you can make an informed purchasing decision as well as giving you the freedom to write your own review whether you are a paying customer or a website visitor. You may receive an email from PowerReviews on our behalf asking whether you would like would like to leave feedback on your purchased product(s) – this is purely optional, of course. We use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this.
If you do not wish to receive our email marketing messages any more, you can ask to stop receiving them via:
- Your Account Summary page
- By contacting our Customer Services Team
We also engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we are up to and to help you to easily see and find our products.
Like many companies, we show Lingala Vision banners and other adverts to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers as well as specific services offered by some websites and social networks. We use the legitimate interests lawful basis for processing under GDPR in order to do this. You can find out more about how to control his in the cookies section at the end of this policy.
The banners and other adverts you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Lingala Vision (for example, your Lingala Vision search history, and the content you read on the Lingala Vision website) or on our ads you have previously clicked on located around the web.
Changes on the Terms and Conditions
Our website will continually evolve with new service providers and mechanisms to provide our customers with the best service possible. We will always ensure your information is protected when implementing new services and will update this Terms and Conditions Policy as and when new things become active on the website. We will email you when significant changes are made to our website.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers. If you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this policy
- Have any questions relating to your personal information
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
- Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team, by emailing us at [email protected] .
You can also write to us at:
61 Bridge Street,
Kington, HR5 3DJ,